List of valid IDs
Note: UnionBank reserves the right to require customers to present more than one valid ID to positively establish identity, permanent address and source of funds. List of accepted valid IDs is provided below, in the order of preference of UnionBank.
- Passport, including those issued by foreign governments
- Seaman's Book
- Driver's license
- NBI Clearance
- GSIS e-Card/SSS card
- License to own/Permit to carry firearm
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) identification card/Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) identification cards
- Tax identification card
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)/Immigrant Certificate og Registration (ICR)/Special Investor Resident Visa (SIRV)/PRA Special Resident Visa (SRRV)
- OFW identification card
- Government Office and GOCC identification cards (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines, Home Development Mutual Fund, etc.)
- OFW identification card
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) identification card
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled (NCWDO)
- Police clearance
- Digitized voter's identification card
- DSWD Certification
- Company identification cards issued by private entities or institutions registered or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or the Insurance Commission
- Senior Citizen identification card
- Postal identification card
- Barangay certification
- ID/s must be unexpired and must be photograph bearing.
- ID/s shall be obtained or secured pursuant to the preference of the Bank based on authenticity and reliability of said documents. The Bank officers/ personnel may require presentation of other identification documents in order to be satisfied as to the true identity of the customer and/or principal opening the account.
- Originals of all the company/personal identification documents should be presented to the bank. For companies which submit copies of the originals, the Corporate Secretary should attest to the authenticity of these through a notarized Secretary's Certificate.
- Validity/expiry of NBI clearance is 1 year from the date of issuance
- ACR I-Card, for foreign residents only.
Also, the required documents for the following client-applicant were clarified:
a. Sole Proprietorship
Photocopy of Business Name Certificate of Affirmative Business Name Certification with Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is accepted with presentation of its original copy to ensure that the copy is an authentic and true reproduction of the original.
b. Resident-Foreigners or Aliens
While the visa stamp by Bureau of Immigration (BI) indicating the alien's point-of-entry is not a regulatory mandate, the same is an indicia for purposes of due diligence in establishing the status of the resident-foreigner or alien in the Philippines, and in ensuring that the individual has entered the country legally, subject to the mandatory presentation of original Passport and ACR I-card (for permanent resident or tourist of more than 180 days) as identification documents.