Send money to family and friends, forward a gift of money, buy items online – PayPal is the secure, free, easy way to pay. Enroll your UnionBank Card in Paypal.
- Sign-up for an account at www.Paypal.com. Be sure to select Philippines as the country where you live in and use Philippine Peso as the primary currency.
- Enter your 16-character card number and Card Verification Value (CVV) – the last three-digit number found at the back of the card.
- Enter your address of record at UnionBank as your billing address that appears in your monthly statement, and for EON Visa Electron, use the address found in the profile page at the unionbankph.com online banking site.
You have completed the basic enrollment which allows you to transact online up to a maximum amount determined by PayPal, regardless of your available balance or credit limit. However, to get full use* of your UnionBank card, you will have to enroll in PayPal's Expanded Use Program.
Expanded Use Enrollment
- When you register your UnionBank Visa card, PayPal will charge you the equivalent of $1.95 for expanded use. PayPal will credit you back the $1.95 amount on your first PayPal transaction. For EON and eWallet cards, your account must be active and have the equivalent of $1.95 or at least P200 in order for the expanded use transaction to go through when you first enroll your card.
- You will then be issued a four-digit expanded use number. But, please allow five days for the expanded use number to reflect on your statement.
- For UnionBank Visa Credit Cards, you can find it on your next monthly paper statement or by viewing your Visa Transaction History online. [View Sample]
- For EON Visa Electron and eWallet Card holders, you can view your four-digit expanded use number online by logging on to your account and viewing the transaction history. The expanded use number will be located next to the PayPal transaction entry description.
- Once you have this number, go back to the My Account Overview section of the PayPal website and click on "Finish Expanded Use Enrollment" to enter the four-digit number. [View Sample] (Note: PayPal requires to re-input your expanded use number to recognize any transaction.)
- Upon entering your expanded use code, you will receive a confirmation message indicating that your debit/credit card has been verified. Congratulations! Your PayPal account is now verified for expanded use. For more details on linking your UnionBank Card with PayPal you can visit UnionBank's Customer Service page, contact the Call Center hotline at 84-186, or visit the PayPal help site. We hope you enjoy and take advantage of borderless shopping with UnionBank's Visa Cards!
On Receiving Payments
- Notification: You will be notified via your registered email at PayPal that you have a pending payment.
- Transaction ID: You will also receive a transaction ID in the email notification.
- Acceptance: To accept this payment, you must log in to the PayPal website and click the Accept button next to the transaction.
- Upon acceptance of the payment, the payment will be reflected on your PayPal account balance.
Procedure for Withdrawing Payments From Your PayPal Balance to Your UnionBank Account
- Once the payment has reflected in your PayPal balance, you can transfer the funds to your UnionBank account by using the "Withdraw to Bank Account" feature. You will need your UnionBank account number (12 digits) and the UnionBank bank code (010419995).
- The transfer to your UnionBank account will be completed within five to seven banking days from the date of your withdrawal request. A status report of your withdrawal request is reflected in your Account Overview screen. There is a P50 charge for withdrawals P6,999 and below. Withdrawals P7,000 and above will not be charged a fee.
- Your funds will be converted to the peso equivalent using the Visa exchange rate for the day of the withdrawal request.
Procedure for Withdrawing Funds to Your UnionBank Account
Step 1: Login to your Paypal account
Click” My account” tab and then “Withdraw” sub tab.
Step 2: Select the “Withdraw funds to your bank account option.”
-See fees involved-
Step 3: Select the bank account and amount to withdraw.
Step 4: Confirm the transfer.
Please note the terms and conditions of PayPal concerning the frequency of payment acceptance.
- Personal Accounts: You can only accept payments monthly and up to five credit or debit card payments annually with your Personal account.
- Premier Accounts: This account allows you to accept credit or debit card payments for only 3.4% plus $0.30 per transaction.
*FULL USE: Limits shall be based on the available balance for debit cards and the available credit limits for credit cards or other limits imposed by PayPal or the bank.
For regular enrollment, you have a limit of $100 for every transaction. With the expanded use number, you will have a $500 limit for every transaction with UnionBank's Visa Cards!
1. What can I do with Paypal?
Paypal is ideal for shopping online. It is perfect for buying and selling on ebay or other merchant websites. Plus, it is a safe, secure and reliable way to send money to family and friends using your Paypal account. What’s more, you may convert your Paypal balance into cash by withdrawing to your Unionbank VISA card or directly withdrawing from your Unionbank account..
2. Is Paypal free to use?
|Personal Account||Premier/Business Account|
|Open an Account||Free||Free|
|Withdraw FundsFree for bank accounts in the U.S||Fees for other withdrawal options Free for bank accounts in the U.S||Fees for other withdrawal options|
|Receive payments funded by PayPal Balance, PayPal Instant Transfer or PayPal eCheck||Free||1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD|
|Receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit||4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)** for domestic or U.S. transactions
2% + applicable Fees Fees for cross border payments
4.9% plus $0.30 USD for card payments received using PayPal on Skype
|1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD|
|Multiple Currency Transactions||Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee**Fees for cross border payments||Exchange rate includes a 2.5% fee**Fees for cross border payments|
4. How do we add our Unionbank account to withdraw funds from my Paypal account?
Step1 : Log into your Paypal account
Click “Profile “tab and then click “Bank account”
Step2: Add bank details
(Please take note that your first name and surname on your Paypal account must match the name of your bank account. If it does not , the withdrawal request will be rejected by UnionBank. )
The bank code number of UnionBank is 010419995.
Step 3: Review your bank account information
Step 4: Confirm
5. How do I withdraw the money?
Step1: Login to your Paypal account
Click” My account” tab and then “Withdraw” sub tab
Step2: Select the “Withdraw funds to your bank account option”
Step 3: Select the bank account and amount to withdraw
Step4: Confirm the transfer
6. How long does it take for funds to reach my UnionBank account?
It typically takes 5-7 banking days but UnionBank credits it upon receipt from PCHC via EPCS.
7. Is there a minimum withdrawal amount?
Yes, there is a minimum withdrawal limit depending on the currency which you want to withdraw. For US Dollars it is $ 10.00.
8. Who do I call for my Paypal account inquiries and of issues of immediate concern?
You may call ,Paypal during the following hours of service:
4:00 AM PST to 10:00 PM PST Monday through Friday
6:00 AM PST to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday
For general questions, please call + 1-402-935-2050
9. Who do I call for inquiries on my incoming credits/remittances to my Unionbank account ?
You may call UnionBank’s 24 hour hotline Customer Service at 84-186.
For domestic toll-free , 1-800-1888-2277
For Universal toll-free , 632-800-8277-2273