FAQS - Deposit Accounts
1. How can I request for a copy of my Statement of Account?
To request for a copy of your Statement of Account, you can visit any branch near you or contact us by phone or e-mail. For convenience in viewing your transaction history, enroll in UnionBank’s online banking for access to your accounts anytime.
2. What channels are available for me to make a balance inquiry?
We have made it easy for you to inquire about the balance of your accounts. Check balances through the Internet using our online banking facility, through your mobile phone, or visit the nearest branch/ATM near you.
3. What are the list of valid IDs?
List of valid IDs
Note: UnionBank reserves the right to require customers to present more than one valid ID to positively establish identity, permanent address, and source of funds. Below is a list of accepted valid IDs, in order of the Bank's preference.
- Passport, including those issued by foreign governments
- Seaman's book
- Driver's license
- NBI clearance
- GSIS e-Card/SSS card
- License to own/Permit to carry firearm
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) identification card/Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) identification cards
- Tax identification card
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)/Immigrant Certificate og Registration (ICR)/Special Investor Resident Visa (SIRV)/PRA Special Resident Visa (SRRV)
- OFW identification card
- Government Office and GOCC identification cards (e.g., Armed Forces of the Philippines, Home Development Mutual Fund, etc.)
- OFW identification card
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) identification card
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled (NCWDO)
- Police clearance
- Digitized voter's identification card
- DSWD certification
- Company identification cards issued by private entities or institutions registered or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or the Insurance Commission
- Senior Citizen identification card
- Postal identification card
- Barangay certification
- Your ID/s should not be expired and must include your photo.
- Your ID/s must be authentic and reliable. The Bank officers/personnel may require you to present other IDs to be satisfied as to your true identity or that of the principal opening the account.
- Please present your original ID/s to the Bank. For companies that submit copies of the original IDs, the Corporate Secretary should attest to their authenticity through a notarized Secretary's Certificate.
- The validity/expiry of an NBI clearance is 1 year from the date of issuance.
- The ACR I-Card is for foreign residents only.
Also, please note the additional requirements for the following cases:
a. Sole Proprietorship
The photocopy of the Business Name Certificate of Affirmative Business Name Certification with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) is acceptable as long as you present the original document to ensure that the copy is an authentic and true reproduction of the original.
b. Resident-Foreigners or Aliens
While the visa stamp by Bureau of Immigration (BI) indicating the alien's point-of-entry is not a regulatory mandate, the same is an indicia for purposes of due diligence in establishing the status of the resident-foreigner or alien in the Philippines, and in ensuring that the individual has entered the country legally. To be acceptable, please present your original Passport and ACR I-card (for permanent resident or tourist of more than 180 days) as identification documents.
4. What are the necessary account opening requirements for students, minors and in-trust-for accounts?
You can bring with you your Student ID (with a photo and a signature and signed/attested by Head of School). Also, your birth certificate (NSO) or membership Ids in association within the school.