UnionBank Capital Accumulation Global Fund of Funds Portfolio
The UnionBank Capital Accumulation Global Fund of Funds Portfolio is a US Dollar-denominated fund of funds that is invested in various mutual funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in the Global Markets. This Fund gives the investor the chance to benefit from a wide diversification of investment outlets around the world, and potentially superior medium to long-term returns.
The UnionBank Capital Accumulation Global Fund of Funds UITF uses a Risk-Based Investment Process, which allocates fund assets based on their current risk. This is contrary to the traditional asset-based allocation, which mandates limits for each asset class. This strategy allocates funds among different asset classes in a manner wherein each asset class contribute a fairly balanced proportion of risk to the portfolio. The risk-based investment process intends to maintain the total level of risk of the portfolio under control, to mitigate sharp drops in the markets, and to smoothen out the returns over time.
With Lombard Odier as Investment Consultant, the UnionBank Capital Accumulation Global Fund of Funds UITF pioneers the Risk-Based Investment Process in the country.
|Launch Date:||July 19, 2017|
|Currency of Participation:||US Dollar|
|Minimum Investment:||USD 2,000.00|
The UnionBank Capital Accumulation Global Fund of Funds Portfolio is a US Dollar-denominated fund of funds that is invested in various mutual funds and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) in the Global Markets. To invest in these mutual funds and ETFs, the Fund has UnionBank as Trustee, and Lombard Odier as a Third-Party Investment Consultant. This Fund gives the investor the chance to benefit from a wide diversification of investment outlets around the world, and potentially superior medium to long-term returns.
Return Objective*: Cash +5%
Expected Volatility: 6%
Expected Shortfall: 10%
Return objective in terms of excess returns above cash, using Citi 1-month USD Index as Reference
1. Interest Rate Risk – This is the possibility to experience losses due to changes in interest rates. The purchase and sale of a debt instrument may result in profit or loss because the value of a debt instrument changes inversely with prevailing interest rates.
2. Market / Price Risk – This is the possibility to experience losses due to adverse changes in market prices of securities. It is the exposure to the uncertain market value of a portfolio due to price fluctuations.
3. Liquidity Risk – This is the possibility to experience losses due to the fund’s inability to sell and convert assets into cash immediately or in instances where conversion to cash is possible but at a highly disadvantageous price.
4. Credit / Default Risk – This is the possibility for an investor to experience losses due to a borrower's failure to pay principal and/or interest in a timely manner on instruments such as bonds, loans, or other forms of security which the borrower issued.
5. Foreign Exchange Risk – This is the possibility for an investor to experience losses due to fluctuations in the currency exchange rates.
|Initial NAV per Unit:||USD 100.00|
|Time Horizon:||All individuals of legal age and corporations with a medium to long-term investment horizon
- Minimum Holding Period: 90 days
- Early redemption fee: 0.25% on redeemed amount or USD 10, whichever is higher
|Regulatory:||Subject to Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas regulations governing the creation, administration and investments of Unit Investment Trust Funds as outlined in BSP Circular 447 Series of 2004 and Section UX410 of the Manual of Regulations for Banks.|
|Valuation Method:||Mark-to-market value of the Fund revalued daily less fees and applicable taxes|
|Acceptance & Withdrawal Procedure:||
Investments into the fund may be accepted on any banking day, at the prevailing NAV per unit. All investments and withdrawals should be processed before 2:30 PM. Withdrawals will be funded five (5) banking day after the date of transaction.
Valuation Day or Banking Day shall mean any day in which banks are open for business in the Philippines, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the United States and the United Kingdom.
1.5% p.a. based on the total market value of the fund, broken down into 0.9% for the Trustee, and 0.6% for the Third-Party Investment Consultant.
|Account Opening Procedures|
|Accounts may be opened at any UnionBank branch|
|Only cleared funds from an UnionBank savings account are acceptable for investment|
|Investments and withdrawals may be made at any UnionBank branch|
All Unit Investment Trust Funds (UITFs) are regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. UITF investments are not insured with the PDIC and do not carry a guaranteed rate of return. Past performance is not necessarily a guide to future performance. Gains and losses are solely for the account of the investor. A copy of the BSP-approved UITF Plan is available for inspection by any UITF investor.